30 Things About Me


1. I have a headache when I don’t drink at least a cup of coffee every day. But drinking too much also causes trouble.

2. I love math, but I don’t understand why we should learn about math. People say that math is essential in our daily lives, but I’ve never seen my parents using calculus nor number theory in their normal life.

3. I am a huge fan of Apple. I had MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iPhone 6,6s,7, X, Xs, iPad Mini, iPad Air, iPad Pro, Apple watch series 1 and 4, Airpods, Airpods Pro, and so on. Samsung’s technologies are impressive, but they cannot win the design and compatibility of Apple.

4. I got the nickname “Wang Hoi” from my classmate when I was in 10th grade. He called me Wang Hoi because my appearance resembled typical Chinese rich. So he gave me a new Chinese name for me, “Wang Hoi.”

5. I’m really into cycling.  During the Corona 19 break, I rode about 400km around Han river. I believe riding a bike is the best way to get rid of stress.

6. My music taste during studying depends on the subject I'm studying: Hip-hop for math, Korean ballad for English, Pop for science, classic for reading and so on.

7. I like people who I can respect. If I cannot find a respectable part, I lose interest.  

8. I played the violin since I was seven years old. However, I don’t play the violin well. I hated to practice when I was young. I regret that I didn’t practice when I was young. If I practiced hard, perhaps by now, I might have played a great song.  

9. When I was in middle school, I was very interested in mechanical pencils. I collected mechanical pencils that are very expensive or discontinued models. I bet that I used more than $2000 to buy pens and pencils. But now, most of them are lost or broken.

10. The science subject that I hated the most was biology until I learned biology in KMLA. I thought Biology should not be considered as a science since most of the biology classes in middle school were about memorizing difficult things such as hormones or plant structure. But after my first biology class in KMLA, my mind has totally changed. By studying the deeper mechanisms in biology, I can’t find any subject intriguing than biology now.

11. I cannot talk first to someone who I’m not close enough.

12. I’ve never confessed to someone I like. This also means that I’m single since birth.

13. I don’t want others to know my sadness, so I try to hide it from my friends. Most of my friends believe that I'm always bright, but i also have my deep sadness inside. 

14. My favorite drink in Starbucks is Shot Green Tea Latte. However, since It’s a season menu, so I could only drink it during autumn.  I tried adding an espresso shot to Green tea latte, but the taste is a bit different from the original drink
Green Tea Latte Extra Shot ala Allegra #greentealatte #exp… | Flickr

15. My dream was to participate in IMO(International Mathematics Olympiad) as a national representative. I know that I’m not that smart, and I have no more opportunity since I’m senior. But if I can have a chance, I want to participate even as a volunteer. I just want to feel the atmosphere of the competition and talk with friends who genuinely love math.

16. I have two brothers much older than me. They are 12 years older and 11 years older than me. They studied in the US since middle school. So, I met them only during their summer vacation. One of the good things about it is that I went to the US often since I was young to meet them. They still live in the US, and they are both married.

17. I like to play games, but I’ve never been addicted. I get tired of games after a few rounds. I tried Overwatch, LOL, Starcraft, Battleground and lots of other games, but none of them was intriguing enough.

18. I also like watching pro cycling. I watched both seasons of Tour de France 2018 and 2019 in KMLA. My favorite cyclist is Peter Sagan. He is the fastest sprinter ever. He won seven times of Green Jersey in Tour de France. His speed near the finish line is about 75km/h. Unfortunately, I think Tour de France 2020 will be cancelled due to COVID 19.

19. I'm really poor at setting and following the plan. I tried several times, but I could't follow it.

20. I want to have a dog. Sometimes, mom brings the grandmother’s dog for a month or so. I really like her, but I want to have my own dog. My dream is to keep a golden retriever, but my mom would never accept it.

21. I don’t have a clear vision for my future. I’m still considering lots of majors and jobs. I tried to get advice from others, but still, I cannot decide. I think I have to know more about myself.

22. I like to travel around. The most exciting part of traveling is to ride planes or trains. I like the fluttering feeling in the beginning of travel.

23. I don’t study for a long time, but I can concentrate very much when I have to. When I have lots of things to take care, my working efficiency boosts very high.

24. I spent lots of time in high school trying to purify water. I had several projects about purification, including heavy metals and arsenic. The main reason why I got interested in water was the white precipitation, limestone, in the water fountain in KMLA. I'm still trying to come up with a great idea to efficiently remove limestone from our school's water.

25. I miss my elementary school friends. I met them during the corona break at the library. But since we hadn’t met for 5 years, we didn’t greet each other

26. I can’t live without sparkling water. I started drinking sparkling water since 8th grade, and now I drink more than two bottles a day. My favorite sparkling water is Badoit, but it’s quite expensive. So, I order Costco Kirkland or Trevi . They are much cheaper.Badoit Sparkling Mineral Water, 25.4-oz. Glass Bottles (Count of ...

27. I think I’m lucky with choosing roommates. My past roommates were all great. Currently, my roommates are Hojune Kim and Deokhang Lee. Both of them are not too sensitive and fun to talk with after school.

28. I like to move around while I’m studying. I change places often, and cannot stay at one place for a long time. During the corona break, I studied at 9 different libraries near my home. In KMLA, I move between the 11th floor and my dorm room. Sometimes, I go out to Dasan or Chungmu to study after school or on the weekend.

29. I sometimes regret to choose international rather than domestic. But I'm not going to change to domestic in KMLA. I spent so much time on AP, ACT, and ECs. 

30. I worry about lots of things that I don't even have to. Sometimes, I even make my self to worry I know that it's going to be fine. Paradoxically, it makes me more comfortable.

댓글