Thank you, Sohyun Ko



Yesterday, I was scrolling down the Youtube, and a Youtube recommendation algorithm led me to a video of a Korean violinist. 

sohyun ko sarasate에 대한 이미지 검색결과
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmV2hj-I7Xo

Without any conscious, I just pressed the play button and the song came out from my Airpods. After about 2 minutes, I totally lost my mind. How can a 12 years old kid can play a violin that well? I could tell how much she practiced the same song for a long time and she was perfect. Bows, tones, movements, everything. Since I was 7 years old, I started playing the violin. I'm also a member of the KMLA Orchestra. So I actually know how demanding it is to improve the violin skills. Indeed, she is innate, but it couldn't be done without tremendous effort. At the end of the video, she was given a standing ovation. She deserved it. 

After watching the video, I opened up my laptop and searched her on Google. "Sohyun Ko. " She was already famous on the Internet. And I saw one blog post about her. It was about her practice method.

She uses her iPad. She records her own performance and watches it to find out the parts that she has to improve. Her both hands are already full of calluses, but she never stops rehearsing. No one forced her to practice. She was doing it for her own satisfaction. Better sound, better control, and better performance. 

Reading through the article, I reflected on myself. I am not perfect, and I have so many things to enhance. But do I actually "try" to improve myself? I guess not. I thought that there must be a change. 

So, I bought a daily planner today. Until now, I never used a planner nor planned what to do for that day in KMLA. Therefore, I always struggled to finish the tasks until the deadline. By planning and knowing what I should do, I believe that the situation will be better than now 😂 I can prepare and distribute the time for those works. Also, recording the time to get the job done can help me to do work efficiently. 

I'm not sure how much it will change my lifestyle, and I am very anxious to know about it. Without the chance to look at the video of her, I wouldn't have reflected myself. 

Thank you, Sohyun, for your amazing rendition and helping me to improve myself. 













댓글

  1. Good luck. Hopefully the ambition occurs naturally (at some point). Authentic ambition is key to true authentic passion (which is rare).

    답글삭제

댓글 쓰기